Coupla newies
Posted by: Benno ()
Date: October 18, 2000 11:48AM

Have invested in a couple of new releases of late and figured I'd share my thoughts on 'em. Have only been able to spin them once each so its probably not an informed comment, but first impressions are usually the best (just the rule, there are always exceptions).

Babylon AD - American Blitzkreig

I actually only managed to sit through three tracks on first listen. Talk about bad production, in fact no, SHIT! Most reviews bagged this disc but I'm not one to back down, I mean I really like Q2K and not many others did. And the Live album these guys released last year resparked my interest in this band, so I had to have this for myself. But jeeeeeeeeeeeez, what was the dude with the knobs doing? The music itself is ok despite the modern tinges, but talk about disappointing. I'll give it another spin I guess, its gonna be hard work getting to like it though I reckon.
Conclusion - a drink coaster

Bar 7 - The World Is A Freak

Very cool disc. Track 2 stands out as an instant favourite here, but overall a great power-pop-rock-somethingerather brand of music. I'll be spinning this one again, and yes, great to hear Jeff Keith on vox again, love his voice! I think I'm gonna like this more and more as time goes on.
Conclusion - a keeper

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Coupla newies107 Benno 10/18/2000 11:48AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.