RE: Dare....
Posted by: Kevin ()
Date: October 18, 2000 09:38AM

Jack wrote:
-------------------------------

Well, good to hear the long heralded Belief is on its way, but a comment. I mean, isn't the whole idea behind A Darren Wharton solo album....I don't want to say stupid, but Dare is a Darren Wharton solo thing already. I mean, it's not like he's in a true band formation and wants to go off and do his own experiments for a while. Sure, maybe the solo thing is to showcase a different style, but it's Dare anyway.

yea....I found that rather odd also, expecially since he mentioned the style being very close to "classic" Dare balladry----unless the Dare songs are the rockier songs and the solo album is the more laid-back material. That's the only reason I can think of. Of course, CBTS was quite laid-back also and he was saying that Belief would be a transformation from that into what he wanted to do, so who knows.
Solo cd or not, unless the final product sounds a lot different that what he mentioned, it appears we will get 2 Dare cds next year--and that's something I'm not complaining about one bit! lol

Kevin

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Dare.... 131Jack10/18/2000 09:31AM
RE: Dare....104 Kevin 10/18/2000 09:38AM
RE: Dare.... 80 Geoff 10/18/2000 04:02PM
Two CDs in One Year??? 81 Rather Large Canine 10/19/2000 01:36AM
yea, well.... 75 Kevin 10/19/2000 03:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.