RE: Boulevard of Broken Dreams...
Posted by: Don ()
Date: October 17, 2000 03:40PM

...and fancy fire hydrants (hi Big Doggie!).

Hi Jeff,

I am a pretty huge fan of the "Into the Streets" album, and I got it before I got the "Blvd." debut. After getting the debut, I played it once and decided that it didn't stack up. I pulled it out again a few weeks later, and liked what I heard a bit better, but didn't wind up listening to the whole thing (I think I got interrupted by the arrival of company or something). I pulled it out again a couple of weeks ago, and I was very pleasantly surprised. It's much, much better than I had realized. As each track played I remember thinking, "Why the h*ll weren't these guys huge?!" They really were a quality AOR band. And the lead singer, David Forbes, has a voice that is simply beautiful. I know that sounds a little corny, but to these ears, he's got many of the qualities that many of the AOR vocal "gods" have got. It's one of life's little mysteries, I guess. But to any fans of North American-style AOR in the vein of Prism, Foreigner, Journey, Styx, Survivor, Night Ranger, Honeymoon Suite, Haywire, etc. who haven't heard this band, my advice is this: do yourselves a favour and track down a copy of either of this band's albums (but especially "Into the Street"). They are total ear candy.
Cheers.
Don

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Boulevard? 109Jeff E10/17/2000 12:20AM
Yes and Yes (np) 65 Big Dogster 10/17/2000 02:21AM
Who let the dogs out? 70 Joe 10/17/2000 09:17AM
RE: Boulevard of Broken Dreams...77 Don 10/17/2000 03:40PM
The song 65Captain Chaos10/18/2000 01:34AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.