RE: MITCH MALLOY - SHINE
Posted by: Kris ()
Date: October 16, 2000 10:49PM

Well then you can tell him there is a disappointed fan. As I am sure most of us are happy that he has a new CD out I myself am very disappointed in what he gave us. How this CD can compare to the debut OR Ceilings And Walls even is beyond me. I don't think the songs are horrible, they're just bland. Nothing memorable about them at all. On his debut it opened with a bang with 'Anything At All' then on Track 3 you get one of the best ballads ever in 'Nobody Wins In This War' and 'Stranded In The Middle Of Nowhere' is a classic tune and the list goes on and on........with Shine, I've listened to it 5 times and am bored with it. Nothing is memorable or that catchy. The songs are just there. ~~ I love the debut, I like Ceilings And Walls for what it is, that's a classy very mellow CD, but Shine has no luster. I really think after what has it been 6yrs? That the songs would all be strong.......I was wrong.

I don't want this to be a war of the opinions post, BUT the CD to me just does not garnish endless praise, sure it's great he's back, I hope he continues because there has to be better songs he's written or Co Written that he can put out.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
MITCH MALLOY - SHINE 130 Rammy 10/16/2000 07:18PM
RE: MITCH MALLOY - SHINE 96 Andrew 10/16/2000 08:42PM
RE: MITCH MALLOY - SHINE71Kris10/16/2000 10:49PM
RE: MITCH MALLOY - SHINE 105 Rammy 10/16/2000 11:45PM
RE: MITCH MALLOY - SHINE 126Robert10/17/2000 05:15AM
RE: MITCH MALLOY - SHINE 131 sfk kurt 10/18/2000 07:06AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.