Pretty similar stuff really...
Posted by: Benno ()
Date: October 17, 2000 01:23PM

You look at the career paths of Metallica and Megadeth, I realise they're not carbon copies of eachother, but they're pretty close.

Metallica started out playing a hybrid brand of thrash/speed metal they could call their own, so did Megadeth. Metallica then progressed their sound, culminating in the Justice album before swinging to a more commercial sound. Megadeth did the same after they got to Rust In Peace, they swung massively to the Symphony sound. Metallica then refined the new commercial feel with Load, then started experimenting on Reload both in sound and production dabbling in r&b and country. Megadeth captured an equally refined sound on Youthinasia and then moved on to incorporate a bit of pop and techno, and Risk even has a ballad on it.

I reckon the bands are pretty similar in progression even though their success isn't the same. I actually have never read anywhere about each party talking about the other, I didn't think there was any animosity. I mean even Cliff 'Em All has Mustaine footage in it and Kill 'Em All credits Mustaine. Where's the article with this stuff in it, does anyone know? Vinnie?

Cheers and beers

Benno

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Dave Mustanine and Metallica beef?? 135 Vinnie 10/14/2000 03:57AM
RE: Dave Mustanine and Metallica beef?? 110Robert10/14/2000 05:56AM
RE: Dave Mustanine and Metallica beef?? 114 Chris 10/14/2000 08:41AM
Pretty similar stuff really...73 Benno 10/17/2000 01:23PM
RE: Pretty similar stuff really... 69 Roller 10/18/2000 01:51AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.