Having two acts is a bonus but....
Posted by: Kilzer ()
Date: October 13, 2000 09:52AM

If Dennis did not want to be in the band like Steve Perry doesn't want to be in Journey, I wouldn't be defending him. But he does... He is doing the solo thing because he is forced to. He was the main building block of Styx and should get to reap the benefits of what he has built. He shouldn't have to sit on the sidelines and watch his business make money and tour the world without him. It's plain old fashion robbery, especially since they are doing the songs he wrote "live" still. They should not even be allowed to do Dennis's songs. I'd like to see how popular their tour would be with just "Too Much Time On My Hands" and "Renegade" as their main songs.

There are always certain members of any band who have the bulk of the talent which in most cases is the songwriting skills.

Dennis was about 65 to 70 percent of their songs as a whole and about 85 percent the writer of the hits. Tommy was the rest....It stands to reason...you will never see a Bon Jovi tour with Tico Torrez and David Bryan as the only original members.

I do see your point. I honestly do and I'm not trying to be a jerk here. But I've been watching these posts about what a bad guy Dennis is (not from you) and it bothers me that all of these so called Styx fans are so quick to set Dennis by the wayside. I realize that Gowen is a great musician and is doing Dennis's songs great. That's not the point though. Sometimes when you're the leader of a band you have to be the bad guy. You have to do some things that the others won't like. If they had shared Dennis's vision of theatrics in the first place, their probably wouldn't have been a problem. They should never have played in a band with Dennis if they didn't share his vision for the band. Not to mention Dennis has the best ear for producing. He was the obvious leader.

Dennis is getting ripped off big time and I don't see how everyone on this board just thinks he should kick back and eat crow...

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 129 DJMike 10/12/2000 04:33AM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 70 Bladesian 10/12/2000 07:21AM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 64 Geri 10/12/2000 09:00AM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 66 Rocker Chic 10/12/2000 11:28PM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 84 Kilzer 10/13/2000 06:49AM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 84 Rocker Chic 10/13/2000 09:03AM
Having two acts is a bonus but....72 Kilzer 10/13/2000 09:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.