RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name
Posted by: Rocker Chic ()
Date: October 13, 2000 09:03AM

I really don't want to sound like I'm nit-picking here (and I just know it will sound that way), but, given your anology above, you make it almost sound as if Dennis decided to create Styx all by himself, so he went about hiring others to join him. He himself says that he overheard *John and Chuck* playing music in their house and that Dennis then asked if he could join *them.*

Dennis may have been one of the voices and one of the songwriters of Styx, but, to me, the combination of all of the members (past and present) are what make them "Styx." I will be seeing Dennis next month for one of his solo shows with a 50-piece orchestra, and I certainly don't view it as seeing "Styx."

In a way, I see this whole situation as a bonus... Not only do I get to enjoy the Styx music that I have loved for more than half of my life, but I am also fortunate to get to see my first Dennis solo show.

I'd much rather have all of this, then nothing at all.

Rocker Chic

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 131 DJMike 10/12/2000 04:33AM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 70 Bladesian 10/12/2000 07:21AM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 64 Geri 10/12/2000 09:00AM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 66 Rocker Chic 10/12/2000 11:28PM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 84 Kilzer 10/13/2000 06:49AM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name84 Rocker Chic 10/13/2000 09:03AM
Having two acts is a bonus but.... 73 Kilzer 10/13/2000 09:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.