RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name
Posted by: Rocker Chic ()
Date: October 12, 2000 11:28PM

Hey, Geri, I'll buy it. ;-)

I enjoy most of Dennis' music (and I say "most" because I can't hit that skip button fast enough on my CD player when one of Dennis' songs from BNW comes on :::shutter:::), but that doesn't mean that I have to like "the man." I still plan on going to see him next month as well and plan to reserve any judgement of his solo show until I have seen it for myself.

I have seen the new Styx lineup several times within the past year and a half, and I think that this show is one of the best that I have ever seen! The energy just can't be beaten. I would love to hear what these 5 guys can come up with in the studio. They just exude pure chemistry and spark together. THIS is what is important to me. THIS is what I expect from Styx. THIS is what I pay for.

Seems to me Dennis is the only one slinging mud in this whole fiasco to which I am deeply saddened. The touring lineup has never trashed or shown disrespect to Dennis or the legacy of Styx. To me, it looks and sound like they are *celebrating* it. If you ask me, it just sounds like sour grapes on Dennis' part. I, too, find the timing strange since I have also just heard how well this tour has done. Something going this well can't possibly be damaging "this beautiful thing that [he] created."

I intend on just enjoying the music since that is what is truly important to the fans.

How much do you want for DM, Geri? ;-)

Rocker Chic

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 137 DJMike 10/12/2000 04:33AM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 71 Bladesian 10/12/2000 07:21AM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 65 Geri 10/12/2000 09:00AM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name67 Rocker Chic 10/12/2000 11:28PM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 91 Kilzer 10/13/2000 06:49AM
RE: DeYoung sies Styx over use of name 86 Rocker Chic 10/13/2000 09:03AM
Having two acts is a bonus but.... 73 Kilzer 10/13/2000 09:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.