BEST OF 2000: ALL CATEGORIES!
Posted by: KAOS FAN ()
Date: October 11, 2000 03:42PM

Well as it's nearly the end of the year I thought I'd chronicle my choices for album of the year in a few different categories - here goes!
BEST HARD ROCK: Danger Danger: Return of the Great Gildersleeves. Superlative songwriting, arrangements, mature lyrics, brilliant melodies.
BEST AOR ALBUM:Heartland:As it Comes. Fantastic songs, great vocals, impeccable arrangements, and crucially for new fans of the band top notch songs across the board, no filler.
BEST PROGRESSIVE ROCK ALBUM: Lana Lana:Secrets of Astrology and Dream Theater:Scenes From a Memory. The former in particular left me gobsmacked - a fantastic female vocalist with a dual guitar Malmsteenish approach to the songs.
BEST MELODIC POWER METAL: Rob Halford:Resurrection and Iron Maiden:Brave New World.
Other great melodic rock cds simmering beneath the surface:
EMERALD RAIN:The Age of Innocence - yes it sounds like Harem Scarem but it's heavier and it's damn good.
TEN:Babylon - The new Whitesnake. To all those who say they are derivative, I say so what they are one of the best guilty pleasures out there!
MARVELLOUS 3:Ready, Sex,Go. Although just out, I think this is a cracking cd and definently an improvement on their earlier product, especially the songwriting.A heavier approach as well, which pleases me! However, I still prefer the new Journey, Heartland, D2 and House of Shakira!

BEST ALL ROUND: For my money a tie between DANGER DANGER and HEARTLAND. Both feature impeccable vocalists and both releases have a real consistency of songs except for the opening track on Gildersleeves.
That's my verdict! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!CHEERS KAOS!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
BEST OF 2000: ALL CATEGORIES!97 KAOS FAN 10/11/2000 03:42PM
RE: BEST OF 2000: ALL CATEGORIES! 82 sfk kurt 10/11/2000 09:11PM
RE: BEST OF 2000: ALL CATEGORIES! 77 Carl 10/12/2000 04:34AM
RE: BEST OF 2000: ALL CATEGORIES! 76 KAOS FAN 10/16/2000 02:31PM
RE: BEST OF 2000: ALL CATEGORIES! 94 sfk kurt 10/17/2000 12:59AM
RE: BEST OF 2000: ALL CATEGORIES! 78 Mike 10/12/2000 11:06AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.