Some info
Posted by: Ivar ()
Date: October 08, 2000 12:31AM

This certainly is an excellent CD, even though it's seldom mentioned. It was one of my fave releases in '97, along with Hugo's debut.

Anyway, the band was formed back in the mid-eighties and were called French Lick. If I'm not mistaken, the band featured bassist Anthony Esposito, who went on to join Lynch Mob in 1990.

They had a deal going with Atco in '89/'90 and Lance Quinn (Bon Jovi/Danger Danger) was going to produce their debut under the FL monicker. This deal obviously fell through...

I don't know if Quinn did produce anything that's featured on Spooge, but some of the songs sound really similar to early BJ/D2...
Check out MTM's homepage for more info.

The band was said to be working on a follow-up, but has since disbanded. MTM are presumably talking to the singer about a solo project.

I also think Patrick Klein did an album with a band called Fuzzbox or something about 2 years ago, which did not capture my interest, anyways.

Ivar

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
STONE SOUP~SPOOGE WHO CAN GIVE ME INFO ON THEM! 147 Steve 10/07/2000 11:34PM
Some info97Ivar10/08/2000 12:31AM
RE: STONE SOUP~SPOOGE WHO CAN GIVE ME INFO ON THEM 145 wayne 10/08/2000 01:18AM
Stone Soup - bonus 90 René 10/08/2000 10:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.