NEW HEARTLAND - ALBUM OF THE YEAR!
Posted by: KAOS FAN ()
Date: October 04, 2000 04:14PM

Just been playing the new Heartland album "As it Comes" to death and I have to say this has instantly rocketed to the top of melodic rock albums of this year, surpassing Danger Danger, House of Shakira and on the heavier spectrum Rob Halford's new album. Put simply, this album is simply phenomenal and destined to become an AOR CLASSIC. The sound is somewhat heavier than their last few releases but still retaining "hooks to die for". Ousey sounds magnificent vocally and the guitar work by Steve Morris is scintillating even on the ballads. You Make Me Smile is one of the best ballads I've heard in a long time with a brilliantly evocative and emotional extended solo near the end. The ROCKERS absolutely ROCK - The Runaway and Staring at the Gun being brilliant standouts. And absoulutely NO FILLER on this album. Every song is a standout. I know I'm WAXING LYRICAL but this album is that good. In my opinion better than what I've heard of the new Journey(and I'm a Journey fanatic) and definently gives TEN some very, very serious competition at the forefront of British melodic rock. Cheers from KAOS FAN!
ps I'm going back to play some"serious" air guitar!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
NEW HEARTLAND - ALBUM OF THE YEAR!92 KAOS FAN 10/04/2000 04:14PM
RE: NEW HEARTLAND - ALBUM OF THE YEAR! 71 sfk kurt 10/05/2000 05:36AM
RE: NEW HEARTLAND - yes Kurt! 82 KAOS FAN 10/05/2000 06:18PM
RE: NEW HEARTLAND - yes Kurt! 88 sfk kurt 10/05/2000 10:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.