"Steve Perry's a show-off"-post below; A
Posted by: Sven ()
Date: October 03, 2000 09:39PM

Okay, I posted below that I think Steve Perry (of the very famous Journey) apparently feels the need to show off his voice. This was a reaction to a post claiming that Mike Matjevic (of the very unknown Steelheart) was a show-off.
Some thoughts about my post & the reactions to it:
1. I do not think SP is a crappy singer. He has a good voice. But IMO he feels the need to fill every second of a song with it. I posted this before, and someone agreed calling it the 'Mariah Carey-syndrome'. Which I suppose you can call it indeed (replace MC by any of the Whitney Houston/Christina Aguilera/... type singers).
2. I never said MM never shows of his voice. He does and it bothers me sometimes, but not nearly as much as SP does.
3. I was not drunk, thank you very much. And I'm not retarded either. My cousin is, and he's a very sweet kid. And a lot more polite than that Steve character who wrote the 'retarded' bit. Do I call you an imbecile because your opinion does not match mine? No I don't. Why? Because opinions differ like people differ, and you can discuss about everything without insulting those who don't feel the same way about things as you do.
4. Am I wrong because I do not feel the way the majority does? If everyone likes chocolate, and I dont, does that make me wrong ???? If everyone thinks Steve Perry is the coolest singer ever, does that mean my opinion cannot differ? Again, it's a matter of feelings. And again, I do not have anything against SP.
5. And last but not least: I went to the Sony Japan site & listened to the Arrival soundbites, and I have to agree with those saying that it's once again a very balladesque album. Which does not mean I don't like Journey (anymore). I was just kinda hoping on a more rocky album.

I rest my case.
Now blow me to bits if you must.

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
"Steve Perry's a show-off"-post below; A126 Sven 10/03/2000 09:39PM
RE: "Steve Perry's a show-off"-post belo 76 Steve 10/04/2000 02:31AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.