Solution for you.....
Posted by: Jack ()
Date: October 02, 2000 04:50AM

Piece of cake, hombre.

I have to pass MP3s to my computer all the time from friends' computers. What you do is buy one of those cables, you see? I don't know the name, but it's a white cable that you hook up on the printer port of both computers. You can ask for it at any electronics store or Comp USA, Office Max, whatever, just ask them for the white cable to pass files from one computer to another. You can pass them almost instantly, forget long downloading. An average MP3 song about 5 MBs in size will zoom to the other computer in like 10 or 15 seconds. Or you can just pick a whole bunch and pass them all together, which will take a bit longer, but calculate about 10 - 20 seconds per song depending on the size.

Um, anyway, what you have to do is hook up the cable to both computers, and click on the "Direct Cable Connection" function in your computer (it comes with Windows, so you should have it....if you cant find it, you have to go to the Add Software Section of your computer and it will add it for you). Then you just establish which computer is the host and which the guest, put a password, and voila.

Just remember to put sharing on in the host computer....you go to the "Computer" screen which shows you the drives, right click on the drive, choose Sharing, put full sharing, and a little hand icon will appear next to the drive.

The cable thing has saved me infinite amounts of time & I love it.

Cheers,
Jack.

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
MP3 transfer question 106 Okie 10/01/2000 03:06PM
RE: MP3 transfer question 97 Kevin 10/01/2000 03:38PM
Solution for you.....78Jack10/02/2000 04:50AM
RE: MP3 transfer question 88 Big Dog 10/03/2000 07:20AM
oh yeah, I forgot I use a laptop (np) 79Jack10/03/2000 02:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.