Jon bon Jovi's new voice/Danger Danger/Opinions?
Posted by: derrick dryves ()
Date: October 01, 2000 11:57AM

Hey rockers,

Look here's my main observation about BJ's voice on the latest story tellers...not when he sings, but when he talks! He talks like Christian Slater/ Jack Nicholson! Its weird I know but he's got that clenched jaw thing where he basically tenses every word. I guess he's starting to sing like that now, especially CRUSH (which is an album I kinda like, just like I kinda liked These Days) Does he do this deliberately, I've never really heard him talk before (except in a few small movies where I never noticed it). I guess that's his normal speaking voice. Whatever. He's still a cool guy.

Can you guys give me some info on any other singers who have that Bon Jovi sound? I know some but I'm wondering if there's others? Any opinions?

Here's some lead singers that capture BJ'S OLD voice: Paul Laine, Joe Kori (Jester), Michael Borrmann and Tracy White (kinda). Those guys I know but I'm wondering if there's more...I love that sound.
I had the pleasure of meeting Bruno and Steven of Danger Danger a few weeks ago at Metal Sludge's party at The Limelight in New York City and I gotta say that these guys are TOTALLY cool. They hung out with me all nioght and we all got drunk and partied. Down to earth dudes who laughed when I called them Rock Stars. Bruno was a little freaked out when I mentioned Westworld because he thought that no one in the US knew who the hell they were and that they were affiliated with him. Being a 22 year old kid I guess I'm not the typical MR fan (at least in the states, you can correct me) Danger Danger rules! They're what Bon Jovi used to be - although I mean no disrespect to Bon Jovi because I still appreciate them too.

All the best,
DD

A

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Jon bon Jovi's new voice/Danger Danger/Opinions?111 derrick dryves 10/01/2000 11:57AM
RE: Derrick, you gotta check out... 77 Don 10/01/2000 01:25PM
RE: Jon bon Jovi's new voice/Danger Danger/Opinion 71Rick10/02/2000 12:49AM
RE: Check out Smilek! 87Rick10/02/2000 12:50AM
RE: Check out Smilek! 90 brent 10/02/2000 11:37AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.