rare aor mysteries...help!?!?
Posted by: steve ()
Date: September 29, 2000 11:19PM

Hi

I need some help regarding some legendary mysteries (at least legendary around some of my trading friends/circles), we all hear the stories " I know a friend who has a freind who has this...." or dealers who say "I have just sold one but don't think I can get another" etc etc. but does anyone actually have any of the following or know if they truly exist?

Dark Star-Real to Real....on cd
it seems at the time of this albums release there was an ad in Kerrang for lp,cassette & cd , as well a UK specialty shop "Shades" listed a cd available in their ad (mid '87), yet I have never seen one & when you check the Revolver website it only gives a catalogue number for vinyl (they have not replied to my email).....help (maybe Dave R knows of this)

Shogun-31 Days...on cd

Actually right around the same time as Dark Star this came out & 80's early 90's cd bible used by retailers (CDI) gave it a catalogue number for Germany & Japan yet no one has ever seen this....I think it may have been given a legitimate catalogue number by the label, but then never released (I know Zoom did the Shogun debut)...help

House of Shakira-debut on cd on Planet records

Rumours existed that the debut (which became "Lint") was going to be released on Planet records & got as far as being pressed but then discarded as the label went bust. Main interest here is the vocals were done by the original vocalist Mikael Erikkson & there were a few different tracks that didn' make the actual debut when it came out. There are tapes of the material, but was a cd ever pressed???

Mozart-debut on SBK cd

Mozart were signed to SBK (an EMI sub) & right as the release approached they were dropped. Now I do own an actual advance cassette on SBK as well as the promo cd for the track "Japan is Calling" on SBK...but was the full album pressed on cd (as they were dropped very close to the release date, this is a possibility)....I know of 2 different Bachoven versions of the debut release as well as the Japanese version with the bonus trax "Japan is Calling" & "Great Expectations"...the Kiss cover which was to be on Kiss my Ass)..but the SBK version had a few songs which didn't make the final cut of the Bachoven version....help

Any help on these & any other earth shattering issues would greatly be appreciated....maybe there are other collectors who have similar questions that I may be able to answer...

an anal collector
Steve

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
rare aor mysteries...help!?!?157steve09/29/2000 11:19PM
How 'bout these, too??? 101 Alan 09/30/2000 07:04AM
RE: How 'bout these, too??? 78 Kevin 09/30/2000 07:45AM
RE: How 'bout these, too??? 89 Matt 09/30/2000 08:06AM
RE: How 'bout these, too??? 90Kris09/30/2000 09:27AM
RE: How 'bout these, too??? 105 Chris 09/30/2000 12:29PM
Dark Star, Tall Stories etc 103Dave R10/01/2000 11:51PM
RE: House of Shakira 103 Tom Krupa 09/30/2000 10:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.