RE: Diamonds in the Rough
Posted by: Rob ()
Date: September 30, 2000 01:16AM

Here goes:

Robin Zander-S/T: An excellent release. A little more mellow than Cheap Trick, but some real good stuff nonetheless. There are some very evident John Lennon influences here. Robin gives a great vocal performance.

War and Peace-Time Capsule: A lot of you guys probably know about this one, but it is just so damn good. Jeff Pilson has to be the best singing bass player not named Glenn Hughes. He isn't a finesse guy, but he sure does get the job done. Super-catchy songs!

Voodoo X-Vol. 1 The Awakening: A great album from the future Crown of Thorns boys. Beauvoir sounds excellent as always. A wonderful diverse album.

Slik Toxic-Doin' The Nasty: Man, this mother cranks!!! Lead throat Nicholas
Walsh screams like a MoFo. And incidentally he can cut it live too.

Shotgun Messiah-Second Coming: Tremendous straightforward rock album. Singer Tim Skold has a wonderful combination of power and finesse, and guitarist Harry Cody can crank it out with the best of them. I have heard this album cut down on this board before and can't for the life of me understand why.

Kik Tracee-No Rules: What an album!!! One of my all-time favorites. Stephen Shareaux is an absolute marvel. What a magnificent voice! Another musically diverse album that can't possibly get the credit it deserves. Where are you Stephen? Your fans need more!!!

Baton Rouge-Shake Your Soul / Lights Out on the Playground: These albums are finally getting their due with the recent success of vocalist Kelly Keeling. Shake Your Soul with its 80's party rock style, and Lights Out with its smooth bluesy tones.

Zakk Wylde-Book of Shadows: Zakk sings his heart out on this mostly-mellow Southern rock jem. I wish he was still producing this kind of album, not his terrible Black Label Society/Rob Zombie music.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Diamonds in the Rough 165 DD Dave 09/29/2000 01:25AM
RE: Diamonds in the Rough 122alex siedlre09/29/2000 02:04AM
RE: Diamonds in the Rough 136Robert09/29/2000 02:48AM
RE: Diamonds in the Rough 92 sfk kurt 09/29/2000 03:33AM
RE: Diamonds in the Rough 110 Daniel 09/29/2000 07:27AM
RE: Diamonds in the Rough 109 Dan 09/29/2000 02:38PM
RE: Diamonds in the Rough 129 Sven 09/29/2000 04:25PM
RE: Diamonds in the Rough77 Rob 09/30/2000 01:16AM
Sand Rubies (np) 119 Big Dog 10/01/2000 02:11AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.