RE: BR live, etc...
Posted by: Don ()
Date: September 30, 2000 05:09AM

Hi Foolz,

For me, I guess it's kind of hard to say whether or not BR is harder than Harem Scarem or not. In a sense, the do come off as sounding harder, but I think that's more due to the aggressiveness of Gerald's voice than it is due to the music itself. I sorta see the "Young, Wild & Free" album as being songs that a lighter band like Honeymoon Suite might have covered, but because they're sung with a voice that could melt platinum at 80 paces, they sound heavier. Make sense?

I wish that I could claim that I have seen them in concert many times, but I have seen them once. It was on Vancouver Island during their "Take a Deep Breath" tour. They played a small, intimate club and absolutely kicked everyone's @ss!!! I remember being pasted to my seat by Gerald's incredible vocals. Somehow I didn't expect that he'd sound very good live, but man, was I wrong! Ah, those were, indeed, the daze...
*sigh*
Don

p.s. - Gerald stated a couple summers ago when he visited the board that they were expecting a g/h compilation and a live album to be released in the near future. I sure hope that actually happens.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Brighton Rock 118Robert09/29/2000 12:00AM
RE: All you ever wanted to know about a great band 89 Don 09/29/2000 02:04PM
RE: All you ever wanted to know about a great band 99Robert09/29/2000 09:53PM
RE: No sweat... 85 Don 09/29/2000 10:44PM
RE: No sweat... 93 FOOLZ 09/30/2000 01:01AM
RE: BR live, etc...85 Don 09/30/2000 05:09AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.