RE: REO/STYX LIVE CD
Posted by: Steve ()
Date: September 29, 2000 01:00AM

In addition did'nt Styx release a live cd a couple of years ago? Now i know this one has the new line-up and they do sound good but without Dennis Deyoung this isn't Styx to me. Blue Collar Man and Renegade were givens, they had to be included. Heck also Too Much Time.But why did'nt Tommy Shaw put Everything Is Cool instead of Fooling Yourself. Man i would've killed to hear a live version of Man In The Wilderness on this also. I know they had to put some Dennis era songs on here but thank God it was only two! Even though Gowan jams and has great stage presence he doesn't sing the songs well. (the intro to Lady was cool though) He does have a great voice i must admit but it doesn't fit well to me on this disc. Brave New World ,Edge Of The Century(where was the "Roboto" insert in the middle?) and Heavy Water(cool intro to "Put Me On") were absolutely awesome! In addition Todd Suchermanin in my opinion has got to be one of the best drummers(live and recorded) out there! I'm a big Styx fan but I liked Reo Speedwagon's disc better. Kevin maybe gettin older and his singing isn't as strong as it used to be but he delivered the songs flawlessly. I wish i would've seen this concert but since Survivor was'nt on the bill and i saw Styx in 99' by themselves i passed. Overall a nice addition to my collection. Two of melodic rocks best on one cd! Gotta love it!

Steve

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
REO/STYX LIVE CD 101 Dave 09/28/2000 12:10PM
RE: REO/STYX LIVE CD 84 Bladesian 09/29/2000 12:32AM
RE: REO/STYX LIVE CD92 Steve 09/29/2000 01:00AM
RE: REO/STYX LIVE CD 75 bladesian 09/30/2000 03:28AM
RE: REO/STYX LIVE CD 88 Steve 09/30/2000 08:57AM
RE: REO/STYX LIVE CD 78 F.O.R.D. 10/01/2000 03:13AM
RE: REO/STYX LIVE CD 93 Steve 10/01/2000 05:01AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.