RE: Van Halen/Robert plant
Posted by: F.O.R.D. ()
Date: October 01, 2000 03:45AM

Bobo wrote:
-------------------------------
I've seen "Stairway to Heaven" on Napster listed as Van Halen with Robert Plant.
It's a live version. Does anyone know when this collaboration took place and why?
Thanks....
-------------------------------
It didn't take place at all. The clip is actually Led Zeppelin, and it was recorded years before Van Halen existed.

Other Napster bullshit scams....

Van Halen - "Jump (Live 1984)" - Turns out to be Van Hagar's version from the RHRN live album

Van Halen - "Mean Street (excellent quality)" - Yeah, sure it is, if you don't mind hearing GARY CHERONE destroy the fucking song.

Van Halen - "Radar Love" - Yeah right..... Best Golden Earring impression I ever heard.

New U2 album "All that you Can't Leave Behind" - the only truly available songs are the single "Beautiful Day" and the B-sides "Always" and "Summer Rain". There are 30 second clips of other tracks, but any claims of full length tracks for the rest of the album are complete bullshit.

Beatles - "Ruby Tuesday" - I was intrigued to hear what the Beatles doing a Stones cover would sound like. Turned out to be some racist song called "Leroy the big lipped n***er " sung to the tune of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" Definitely NOT the Beatles, and I imagine Lennon is doing somersaults in his grave if he heard about it.

Oh... BTW, I have been locked out of Napster since last night, so this entire thread may be pointless if they have succeeded in shutting it down finally.

Greedy corporate bastards.....

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Van Halen/Robert plant 109Bobo09/24/2000 11:36PM
RE: Van Halen/Robert plant136 F.O.R.D. 10/01/2000 03:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.