RE: Van Halen/Robert plant
Posted by: F.O.R.D. ()
Date: October 01, 2000 03:45AM

Bobo wrote:
-------------------------------
I've seen "Stairway to Heaven" on Napster listed as Van Halen with Robert Plant.
It's a live version. Does anyone know when this collaboration took place and why?
Thanks....
-------------------------------
It didn't take place at all. The clip is actually Led Zeppelin, and it was recorded years before Van Halen existed.

Other Napster bullshit scams....

Van Halen - "Jump (Live 1984)" - Turns out to be Van Hagar's version from the RHRN live album

Van Halen - "Mean Street (excellent quality)" - Yeah, sure it is, if you don't mind hearing GARY CHERONE destroy the fucking song.

Van Halen - "Radar Love" - Yeah right..... Best Golden Earring impression I ever heard.

New U2 album "All that you Can't Leave Behind" - the only truly available songs are the single "Beautiful Day" and the B-sides "Always" and "Summer Rain". There are 30 second clips of other tracks, but any claims of full length tracks for the rest of the album are complete bullshit.

Beatles - "Ruby Tuesday" - I was intrigued to hear what the Beatles doing a Stones cover would sound like. Turned out to be some racist song called "Leroy the big lipped n***er " sung to the tune of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" Definitely NOT the Beatles, and I imagine Lennon is doing somersaults in his grave if he heard about it.

Oh... BTW, I have been locked out of Napster since last night, so this entire thread may be pointless if they have succeeded in shutting it down finally.

Greedy corporate bastards.....

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Van Halen/Robert plant 137Bobo09/24/2000 11:36PM
RE: Van Halen/Robert plant162 F.O.R.D. 10/01/2000 03:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.