RE: As I travel back in time...
Posted by: John Q ()
Date: September 19, 2000 06:13PM

Benno, the Atomic Playboys album kicketh ass indeed! SS and PMcC cover a lot of ground here, very unusual for the time it was released (and probably a tad too eclectic for the average melodic rock fan, unfortunately....which must be the reason why it didn't go over too well). Other than the title track (one of my favorite songs ever!), the 'Action' cover, and 'Run Across Desert Sands', I really dig 'Power Of Suggestion' - cool horn section in there! Steve is simply a phenomenal guitar player without the constant need to showcase his abilities like the Yngwies of this world. Parramore McCarty is a powerhouse vocalist and he fits in nicely even though he's really a true Halford-meets-Dio-style heavy metal singer. Check him out on Warrior's 1985 classic 'Fighting For The Earth' (L.A. metal at its best!) and the more recent 'Ancient Future'. Also, Stevie's latest, 'Flamenco A Go-Go', is a stroke of genius! I don't think those two guys realized how good of a thing - musically anyway - they had together...

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
As I travel back in time... 153 Benno 09/19/2000 05:39PM
RE: As I travel back in time...81John Q09/19/2000 06:13PM
RE: As I travel back in time... 82 Benno 09/19/2000 08:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.