As I travel back in time...
Posted by: Benno ()
Date: September 19, 2000 05:39PM

Sorry peoples, dribbling about past glories once again. As I've said a few times my musical journey is heading in the opposite direction to most as I revisit the stuff I missed as a younger (and poorer :-( ) dude. My latest acquisition is Steve Stevens' Atomic Playboys album, and my how impressed am I. I've been long familiar with two tracks from the album "Atomic Playboys" and "Action" and had to satisfy my long time curiousity by purchasing the album. Well I've been playing it non-stop, its unreal. The diversity of the tracks, a nice little instrumental, the singer's voice is fantastic, so powerful. And although Steve can play, I don't get the impression that he's wanking all over this, the playing is great don't get me wrong, but I think its more of an overall sound that he got out of it and not just concentrating on his guitar work - and for that he gets respect!

Anyone else got it? I spose I'm the last person on this board to get my hands on a copy, as per usual, I'm a bit slow you see. But hey, great album, its up there with most classic albums of the late 80's in my opinion.

And so ends this page of crap. Aussie aussie aussie...

Cheers and beers

Benno

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
As I travel back in time...152 Benno 09/19/2000 05:39PM
RE: As I travel back in time... 80John Q09/19/2000 06:13PM
RE: As I travel back in time... 82 Benno 09/19/2000 08:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.