CDR volume?
Posted by: Jack ()
Date: September 18, 2000 07:02AM

Hi folks,

Okay, I really need one of the resident computer geniuses to help me out here! I have no idea how to handle this, but I guess it must be no problem if you know what to do....

When you record a CDR with songs from different CDs, how do you deal with the volume differences? For instance, if I'm driving the car listening to a Def Lep CDR compilation, I'll be listening to the song Hysteria and then when Demolition Man comes up next it'll blow my ears off because Euphoria was recorded much louder than the others. Then Photograph comes along and the volume is too low in comparison, so I have to crank it up several notches. So I've cranked up the volume up to 10 to adjust Photograph, which means that when Promises from Euphoria plays next, the unbearable volume will jolt me like a swig of lightning and I'll swerve my car off a cliff.

Get my predicament? And this sort of thing is bound to always happen when you're trying to do compilation CDRs.

Do any of the CDR-making programs like Easy CD or whatever regulate this kind of thing automatically? Do they adjust all the songs to have the same level? Or do I have to do it manually, and if so, how do I alter them? What program do I have to use to make sure they're all properly adjusted to the same level?

I'd greatly appreciate any and all help!

Cheers,
Jack.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
CDR volume?124Jack09/18/2000 07:02AM
RE: CDR volume? 92 Ivar 09/18/2000 07:15AM
RE: CDR volume? 80 Richard 09/18/2000 01:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.