RE: Ten, UFO, Westworld
Posted by: Viking ()
Date: September 12, 2000 12:46AM

John Q wrote:
'Covenant' is slightly better than the last couple of MSG records - solid, but nothing really mindblowing. The only standout track IMO is 'Midnight Train', which really rocks. Instant classic! Overall this is NOWHERE near 'Walk On Water', easily THE best 90's comeback album of any hard rock/metal band. WOW is very consistant if you ask me - not a weak track in sight and 3 or 4 real highlights that are as good as any UFO. The same can't be said about 'Covenant', which contains a lot of by-the-numbers UFO and smacks of 'we really don't like each other too much but, damn it - we gotta make a living'. I hear no real excitement coming through here at all compared to WOW and especially the latest.

WHAT!!!! Covenant is far superior to WOW and IMO one of UFO's best album to date since it's more consistent than any other platter from the mighty aliens!
(great drumming)

Regarding Ten's Babylon I was also impressed by the quality of the songs since I normally detest those guys still they are overrated and they should GET A SINGER!!!!!!!

The new Westworld is another runner for cool album of the year
Very impressive songwriting and Mark and Tony shines!!

-Viking-

-Viking-

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Ten, UFO, Racer X first impressions 160Steve, Denmark09/11/2000 03:41AM
Racer X Mania 80 Nicky 09/11/2000 04:06AM
RE: Ten, UFO, Racer X first impressions 86John Q09/11/2000 05:17AM
Well... 102Steve, Denmark09/11/2000 06:23PM
RE: Ten, UFO, Westworld107Viking09/12/2000 12:46AM
RE: Ten, UFO, Westworld 104 john 09/14/2000 08:16AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.