Well...
Posted by: Steve, Denmark ()
Date: September 11, 2000 06:23PM

...the funny thing is that everything you say about "Covenant" I would almost levy at WOW. The first 3 songs aside, nothing stands out as being outstanding and really only "A Self Made Man" can stand realistically beside "Lights Out", "Love To Love", "We Belong To The Night" etc. Whether or not Midnight Train, Love Is Forever and others on Covenant are equal to such UFO classics remains to be seen. I need to get more familiar with them.

To an extent I agree with you on Racer X. Travis´drumming is totally superb throughout but Paul Gilbert is certainly nowhere near as furious as he was on the first albums. That said, where he rips, he rips, and overall I like the more melodic nature of the new album. But for sure Gilbert´s manic speed soloing was a major element of Racer X´s sound initially, so its dilution on TD I did find a little disappointing.

Have you got Ten´s other stuff? IMHO Babylon is not as good as The Name Of The Rose which remains their pinnacle - but that said, I find it an improvement over Spellbound. If you´ve never heard any Ten before then I suggest you start off with TNOTR and go from there.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Ten, UFO, Racer X first impressions 160Steve, Denmark09/11/2000 03:41AM
Racer X Mania 80 Nicky 09/11/2000 04:06AM
RE: Ten, UFO, Racer X first impressions 86John Q09/11/2000 05:17AM
Well...103Steve, Denmark09/11/2000 06:23PM
RE: Ten, UFO, Westworld 108Viking09/12/2000 12:46AM
RE: Ten, UFO, Westworld 104 john 09/14/2000 08:16AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.