RE: DEE SNIDER/Widowmaker
Posted by: John Q ()
Date: September 05, 2000 05:04PM

I'm listening to 'Blood & Bullets' as I type this and my ass is being KICKED ROYALLY!!! This album is so damn good - 'Snot Nosed Kid', 'Blood and Bullets', 'We Are The Dead', 'Reason To Kill', 'The Widowmaker', 'The Lonely Ones', and 'Emaheevul' just rock like nobody's bidness! Great, GREAT choruses and more hooks than they put in Moby Dick! 'Blue For You' is an incredible blues where Dee gives it his all... and Al Pitrelli just drips blood, sweat (and bullets...) in the solo section. Really not a weak track in sight and the production, courtesy of Ric Wake ('Love Is 4 Suckas'), is as good as anything I've ever heard! I think this is BY FAR Dee's best album ever! He sounds amazing and Pitrelli just rips it up on the ole axe; Joe Franco and Marc Russell make for a mean rhythm section! What else? - Oh yeah, 'Stand By For Pain' is good as well, but bluesier, darker and dare I say a bit grunge-y; definitely 90's sounding. Too bad that both records came out at a time when America couldn't give a shit about anything but Seattle rock. 'Blood & Bullets' especially would've been huge had it come right after 'Stay Hungry' or 'Love Is For Suckers'. I will have to check out Dee's latest and I really want that Desperado album when it comes out. In the meantime, all you SMF's - track down this mutha if you haven't already!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
DEE SNIDER 142manuel09/01/2000 07:12PM
RE: DEE SNIDER 110 Steve 09/02/2000 02:00PM
RE: DEE SNIDER/Widowmaker 127 Rogue 09/02/2000 04:02PM
RE: DEE SNIDER/Widowmaker 76Rocker Dave09/03/2000 08:35AM
RE: DEE SNIDER/Widowmaker114John Q09/05/2000 05:04PM
RE: DEE SNIDER/Widowmaker 110 Lynn 10/02/2000 04:37AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.