RE: I Didn't Know Neil Schon was a Member of Santa
Posted by: Susumu ()
Date: April 26, 2000 02:39PM

Hi, Kevin nice to see you again. I was astounded by the reactions of STYX and NR topics. (I could not reach here because of technical trouble when Survivor reunion caused uproar) I hope those fans like this board and visit here regularly.

Talking of Santana, the band had undergone trememdous number of member shift and Neal was in the band around 70 to 71. Neal left the band with Gregg Rolie and formed Journey.

Santana's MHR approach refers to Marathon Man album in 1979 produced by Keith Olsen (Isn't he famous for Kiss works?). All I Ever Wanted is the track from Marathon Man also in Best of Santana compilation. It sounds a lot like Kiss. And hit single Winning (Journey-style rock ballad) in 1981 is also in this compilation.

According to liner notes of another compilation Santana tried disco and pop rock approach during that era and produced some hits.

I think Winning was the message to Neal which became much more popular at that time. Ironically Carlos finally did!

Thanks Kevin!

Regards

Susumu

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
I Didn't Know Neil Schon was a Member of Santana 248 Susumu 04/26/2000 09:03AM
RE: I Didn't Know Neil Schon was a Member of Santa 190 Kevin 04/26/2000 01:47PM
RE: I Didn't Know Neil Schon was a Member of Santa186 Susumu 04/26/2000 02:39PM
RE: I Didn't Know Neil Schon was a Member of Santa 174 F.O.R.D. 04/27/2000 01:56PM
Marathon Man 205 Susumu 04/28/2000 12:30AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.