RE: Harem Scarem Help
Posted by: Derrick ()
Date: August 31, 2000 11:03PM

If you're digging The Harem, there's a few things you can do. I get most of my HS stuff off of EBAY, its just cheaper and a lot of times easier but this is just for the more rare stuff. Also, here' s some other Harem related stuff you can use:

Doctor Rock & The Wild Bunch - This is basically Harem Scarem with a heavier metal sound. Imagine Mood Swings but more straight hard rock oriented. The entire band is Harem Scarem except for the singer who is basically a Harry Hess clone. You'll like this, its pretty simple. I pretty much consider it a Harem Scarem album because they are all over this one. This is rare though but you can get it on EBAY.

FIORE- Body Electric - Not an excellent album but a decent one. Imagine Harem Scarem fronted by Bryan Adams and you get the idea. Lots of melodies. Jon Fiore's voice is very, very AOR and I wish the album was a little heavier. Some very catchy pop-songs though. I hear the first album is more like traditional HS.

Every Harem Scarem album after Mood Swings - These guys TOTALLY change their sound on all albums after Mood Swings. "Voice Of Reason" is like the grunge/alternative album. Its still pretty good. The lead track sucks big time - its just awful but the rest of the album is very mature, melodic, dark and ballad-driven. It took me a while to get used to it but I dig it now. "The Big Bang Theory" is just weird...some people like it, some don't, I don't. That's all I have to say about that. "Rubber" is what the band is doing these days. This is pop-rock on the line of Marvelous 3, Jellyfish, Goo Goo Dolls. Its not bad but not all the songs are as catchy as they should be. A toss-up but its actually hard not to like it. Cute rubber ducky on the cover.

Anyway, hope my notes help. I'm no expert!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Harem Scarem Question 127 Hutch 08/31/2000 01:03PM
RE: Harem Scarem Question 101 Kevin 08/31/2000 01:17PM
RE: Harem Scarem Question 94 Rocker Chic 08/31/2000 10:08PM
Oops! 112 Rocker Chic 08/31/2000 10:14PM
RE: Hello!!/Harem Scarem/Buy HS cheap!!!.. 109 Don 09/01/2000 12:57AM
RE: Harem Scarem Help106 Derrick 08/31/2000 11:03PM
A couple comments... 105 Tom Krupa 09/01/2000 03:25AM
RE: A couple comments... Question?? 95 Hutch 09/01/2000 05:13AM
RE: Harem Scarem Question: Question for Tom 107 Hutch 09/01/2000 04:05AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.