RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided
Posted by: Vicki ()
Date: April 29, 2000 08:10AM

I still have yet to hear what anyone says about the band touring and not telling the general public in the media i.e. radio, interviews.
------------------------------

That would be because they DO tell the general public! I have heard the interviews, and the fact that Dennis is not touring with the band DOES come up. The fact that Dennis is not touring with the band has been brought up in every print interview I have seen (and I've seen a lot) as well.

I was on the phone trying to buy tickets to one of the shows and almost couldn't get the preferred seating because it took so long for the woman to tell me that Dennis DeYoung was not touring with the band. I have been told by others that they have had the same experience. I have seen billboards with photos of the currrent line-up.

So, if they are mentioning the fact that Dennis is not with them in interviews, and having the ticket reps tell ticket buyers that Dennis DeYoung will not be performing at the show, and providing the promoters with photos of the current line-up as well as the names of those in the current line-up, and they advertise who is touring this year on their website, I would say that they are doing their job as far as letting people know. The band is not personally responsible for every flier. If there are some unscrupulous promoters out there trying to make it look like Dennis is still with the band, that is not the band's fault. They are doing what they can to let people know.

Vicki

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Styx - why their "people" have sided wit 331 SC 04/26/2000 06:39AM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided 185 Kevin 04/26/2000 07:36AM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided 200 SC 04/26/2000 11:15AM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided 188 Trapp 04/26/2000 04:09PM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided202 Vicki 04/29/2000 08:10AM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided 211 Vicki 04/29/2000 08:15AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.