RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided
Posted by: SC ()
Date: April 26, 2000 11:15AM

Kevin, I think you mis-interpreted the message. It was not a slam on Journey, it was stating a fact. Regardless of who was backing the tour(the local promoter here pulled out all the stops i.e.full page adds in the entertainment paper, radio interviews with band members, constant pluggung of the show. Say what you will, but the majority of the public seems to know Perry isn't in the band anymore.

My point was that Styx doesn't seems to care enough to do the same thing that Journey did. If I wasn't on the internet, I would have no idea that Dennis wasn't with the band. I await the day that Styx will come and let the fans(mainly casual fans)know who is in the band and what to expect from the show. I'm sure it's probably a great show, but I believe the fans need to know some basics. It's only fair.

Of course, tickets have been on sale for some time now, so those who are expecting Dennis with the band are going to be disappointed at the fact that they had no prior knowledge of his "departure". I don't think too many people were suprised when Perry wasn't at the show. I did go by the way, and Augeri pulled it off magnificently. I thought it was awful big of him to say to the audience, "thank you for letting me sing for you". Hats off to Augeri.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Styx - why their "people" have sided wit 247 SC 04/26/2000 06:39AM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided 137 Kevin 04/26/2000 07:36AM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided140 SC 04/26/2000 11:15AM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided 133 Trapp 04/26/2000 04:09PM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided 144 Vicki 04/29/2000 08:10AM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided 161 Vicki 04/29/2000 08:15AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.