Styx - why their "people" have sided wit
Posted by: SC ()
Date: April 26, 2000 06:39AM

Just a guess, but maybe because they're going out on the road making money using the name Styx? It will surely pull in more people than the name of Dennis DeYoung(solo) or Tommy Shaw(solo) for that matter. I still have yet to hear what anyone says about the band touring and not telling the general public in the media i.e. radio, interviews.

When Journey played in Phoenix, there was a big local push to get people out to the show as the band went above and beyond the call to let people know that Steve Perry would not be with them. Granted, the attendance was only about 6500-7000 in a 19,000 seat arena. And that was with ticket prices at $10 each! But I'm sure the members of Journey slept well knowing they did their best to inform their fans(die-hard AND casual) of what to expect at the show. And I commend them for such an effort. I know people who were thinking of going but they had assumed that Steve Perry was going to be there until I informed them otherwise. All I'm saying to the current lineup of Styx is "let the general public know who is in the touring lineup so as to know what to expect". Not much to ask is it?

What if a friend of yours had purchased a '97 model car a few years back that you really liked, but you wanted to buy the 2000 model. When you went to buy the car, you'd want to know all the features on the car to see if anything had been changed/removed from the '97 model as you REALLY like this car. And it is YOUR money, so you want to know what you're getting. But the dealer just says "it's the new 2000 model". No further details, so you're led to believe it something that it may not be. It may be better(in someone else's opinion), it may not.

Albeit the members of Styx have had this falling out, maybe they'll be able to patch things up, maybe not. Another musical drama yet waiting to unfold. At the very least, they've given us quite an impressive musical catalogue to enjoy for years to come. Hopefully at some point, they'll come to their senses and put this past them and make the studio record that "Brave New World" should have been.
Not trying to knock the album, but when I hear a Styx album, I expect a lot more.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Styx - why their "people" have sided wit293 SC 04/26/2000 06:39AM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided 161 Kevin 04/26/2000 07:36AM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided 170 SC 04/26/2000 11:15AM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided 162 Trapp 04/26/2000 04:09PM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided 175 Vicki 04/29/2000 08:10AM
RE: Styx - why their "people" have sided 184 Vicki 04/29/2000 08:15AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.