RE: TEN FOREVER
Posted by: Vince Viani ()
Date: August 22, 2000 08:39AM

Hi Eva,

I havent yet heard Babylon but it's on its way...

About Ten (mostly Gary Hughes) I will agree with you...I owe so much to Mr Hughes and his songwriting and I can't even begin to tell you how much of an inspiration Ten's self titled album has been for me in my life and also in music

The thing is, Gary is not just another musician. He is one of us! He is fighting for the same cause! And it is so disappointing to see a few people trash Ten without adding any intelligent discussions, despite the great things the band has done for this genre of music

My question to those people is, "what have YOU done for the music?" Not very much. On the other hand, Gary Hughes has penned some of the most brilliant, heartfelt, and memorable songs and has made a believer out of all of us.

It is almost blasphemy to attack Mr Hughes and Ten in that way, considering that they are the brightest hope in the genre of melodic hard rock and also considering the loyalty Gary has shown to this style of music over the years

How can people attack someone who has done so many good things for the music and who has fought with us, side by side, on the battlefields, since day one? Whilst every other band (I won't mention any names) gave into the early 90s grunge scene or are now playing shitty pop drivel, TEN & GARY HUGHES stuck to their guns and remained true to themselves, their music, and their fans.

I hope that any future discussions involving Mr Hughes and Ten will be more intelligent and less banal...

So, in conclusion Eva, I agree with you 100 percent!!

Cheers

Vince

Eva wrote:
-------------------------------
Hi guys:

I just wanted to let you know that TEN is the best band ever and will always be. Babylon is THEIR BEST ALBUM so far. I am here to defend them as well as Bruce Mee. I know he is a great guy and he works very hard for the label and the magazine. I know it for sure so he doesn't deserve to be treated like this. Music is to unite people so come on, don't fight, we are on the same side, even the ones who don't like TEN. At least they deserve a respect. They are melodic rock after all, aren't they?
Cheers! Eva

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
TEN FOREVER 168 Eva 08/21/2000 09:33PM
RE: TEN FOREVER 113 Carl 08/21/2000 09:57PM
RE: TEN FOREVER112 Vince Viani 08/22/2000 08:39AM
RE: TEN FOREVER 97 jose beaskoa 08/23/2000 11:08AM
RE: TEN FOREVER 93 Pablo 08/23/2000 02:51PM
RE: TEN FOREVER 99 Eva 08/23/2000 05:03PM
RE: TEN FOREVER 99 Pablo 08/24/2000 12:46AM
RE: TEN FOREVER 79 Eva 08/24/2000 01:14AM
RE: TEN FOREVER(just behind Heartland) 120 KAOS FAN 08/23/2000 05:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.