RE: NAPSTER forever!!!
Posted by: DJ Klaus ()
Date: August 19, 2000 11:26PM

> So it is acceptable for the major labels to conspire against the general public, "fix" >the prices of cds (so you are paying $20 for a totally crap cd and being deceived in >the
> process), shut down perfectly legitimate online services that help bring the music to >the fans, and undermine technological advancements which have helped artists
> around the world get their music released without having to go through the major >label bureaucracies??

Not only majors release crap for $20

> If you think this is acceptable, maybe you are in the wrong business!

Everybody has to judge for himself if something is worth the price or not. But stealing it because it's too expensive in someones mind is illegal, or do you steal a BMW just because you consider it too expensive ?

> And regarding Frontline, why shouldn't they search for the best deal they can get? I >personally think "Right Attitude" is one of the top 5 cds of ALL TIME and certainly
> deserves the same amount (and much more) money and success than the likes of >Journey, Foreigner, Rick Springfield, etc

no comment on that. You're living in the same strange world like other musicians

> And you SAY you got Heroes II from the band...I highly doubt the band would want >bootleg copies of their unreleased album floating around. That's the same as saying
> Journey wanted their songs to be distributed on the Internet (I AM NOT saying >whether it is OK or not to download their songs, however)

I get many demos from bands who want see their stuff reviewed. I do not bootleg them or did I send you a copy when you begged for one ?

> And finally, Fair Warning are signed worldwide to Frontiers, which is not a major >label. In Japan, yes they are signed to a major but they hardly fall into the same
> category as Metallica, Eminem, etc. (the bands that deserve to be ripped off)

So read your first comment again. You said every major should be ripped off. So you have to rip off Fair Warning, too. Who are you to judge what bands deserves to be ripped off and which one not ?

DJ

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote


SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
NAPSTER forever!!! 148 Vince Viani 08/17/2000 03:20PM
RE: NAPSTER forever!!! 99 DJ Klaus 08/17/2000 05:38PM
RE: NAPSTER forever!!! 88 Orangehole 08/17/2000 07:01PM
RE: NAPSTER forever!!! 95 sfk kurt 08/18/2000 12:55AM
RE: NAPSTER forever!!! 94 Vince Viani 08/18/2000 02:05AM
RE: NAPSTER forever!!! 96 DJ Klaus 08/18/2000 07:06PM
RE: NAPSTER forever!!! 92 Vince Viani 08/18/2000 01:58AM
RE: NAPSTER forever!!! 104 DJ Klaus 08/18/2000 07:21PM
RE: NAPSTER forever!!! 87 Vince Viani 08/19/2000 05:10AM
RE: NAPSTER forever!!!85 DJ Klaus 08/19/2000 11:26PM
RE: NAPSTER forever!!! 108 sfk kurt 08/20/2000 08:12AM
RE: NAPSTER forever!!! 105 Frank 08/18/2000 10:02PM
RE: NAPSTER forever!!! 94 Vince Viani 08/19/2000 05:15AM
RE: NAPSTER forever!!! 81 Snake65 08/21/2000 01:28AM
RE: NAPSTER forever!!! 95 DJ Klaus 08/21/2000 07:08PM


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Powered by Phorum.

Disclaimer: melodicrock.com takes no responsibility for the contents of messages posted on this open forum, or for the sanity of those posting.