Bon Jovi show
Posted by: Daniel ()
Date: August 13, 2000 01:38AM

I was at the Bon Jovi show here in Gothenburg, Sweden the other day. The place was packed, I would guess around 10 000 people.
The band jumped right into Livin on a prayer and You give love a bad name.... Not a bad start :-) I don't know but those songs sounds kinda different nowadays. Can't really put the finger on it, but I guess the arrangements were updated for 2K.
They played loads of material from Crush. I think I got it to 9 songs. But then they played for 2 hours 20 minutes, so we got all the old hits as well. Wanted dead or alive, Born to be my baby, Keep the Faith, Blood on blood, Bad medicine, Lay your hands on me, Wild in the streets.... the list goes on... Runaway was performed in that special acoustic version and it was awesome. Maybe the highlight of the whole show....
A mixed audience. Seems they have gotten quite a few new fans lately... And you can always count on that there's loads of beautiful women at a BJ show :-)
Jon was all over the place, running around, dancing... He proved that he's still one of the best frontmen out there. You can tell that he just loves to entertain an audience.
The only fault was that they maybe played a few too many songs from Crush. But It's my life, One wild night, Just older.... sounded great. Say it isn't so is not one of my favorites on the album, but here it was performed in a little rockier style. I liked it... But I could have done without Captain crash and Next 100 years. Exchange those songs and add any of Blaze of glory, Bed of roses, Dry County, This ain't a lovesong or even the cover of Rockin in the free world, and this would have been just perfect.
First time I saw Bon Jovi was way back in 1984 as support for Kiss. Saw them twice on the NJ tour and once on the Keep The Faith tour. But I'll be damned, this was if not better at least just as good as those earlier shows. While one can complain about the amount of material from Crush. At least the band are looking forward, and this was definetly not some sort of nostalgia act relying only on old hits....
Also they had no pyro or any fancy stageshow. A tight band, great songs and a entertaining frontman is all that is needed.

4 1/2 danstars out of 5

/D

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Bon Jovi show105 Daniel 08/13/2000 01:38AM
RE: Bon Jovi show 109 Alex siedler 08/13/2000 02:02AM
Hey Daniel... 112Surfpunk08/13/2000 06:02AM
RE: Hey Surfpunk... 76 Daniel 08/13/2000 10:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.