Anyone heard the new Journey songs?
Posted by: HarryB ()
Date: August 12, 2000 02:47AM

Wondering what you think. I listened to the ones on Napster last night (NOTE: Just to ensure there's no Napster controversy here, I downloaded them because I'm a huge Journey fan and just couldn't wait unit October. I will buy the CD the day it arrives in stores-.) Now that that's out of the way.................

I guess I'l throw out my thoughts.

Steve Augeri's voice on a few songs does sound amazingly like Perry. I'm talking the Perry from the late 70's-early 80's. To my surprise, a great deal of the time he reminded me of Brian Adams and even Rod Stewart with a little Perry thrown in here and there. I think his voice sounds great!

I hear "Higher Place" is going to be the first rocker off the album. Reminded me of Separate ways. I found myself humming the song this morning. Really like that song! I hope it catches on.

The first ballad "All the way". GREAT chorus. Sure, it's "bubble gum"-but what a great ballad, and a great song for that matter. When I played it for my wife, she thought it was Brian Adams. Anyway, I'd guess this one's got a great chance of becoming a huge hit.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the other songs to any extent. I quickly listened to a few more ballads, sounds like there's a few hits there. There were two uptempo songs that were really catchy as well. There were a couple songs that I didn't care for at all.

With Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys ruling the world right now, it'll be tough to work this album into the market. Bon Jovi cracked the top ten for a few days with "It's my life", I can only hope "Higher Place" will allow the same thing. "All the way" would certainly keep the album chugging on the charts.

There are several songs I haven't heard yet. I hope they are rockers. Love the ballads but I'd love to see the band, in this incarnation, rock.

Do I miss Steve Perry? Yes. NOT because he's not on this album, but because he's not anywhere anymore. What a waste of a voice.

Does it sound like Journey misses him. NO WAY.

After a very preliminary listen to a few tracks (which may be re-mixed or changed in post-production prior to release), I'm giving this 4 out of 5 stars.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Anyone heard the new Journey songs?170 HarryB 08/12/2000 02:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.