Night Ranger: Big Flats, NY -- August 5th
Posted by: Rocker Chic ()
Date: August 07, 2000 11:34PM

Heads up! Extremely biased review ahead… :-)

We ended up getting front-row seats... Jeff side! :-D They played for over an hour, which surprised us. We were prepared for a much shorter set since they were opening for Pat Benatar. They sounded fantastic (as did Pat Benatar and crew)! Every member was dead on and the crowd was loving them. (Don’t have the set list handy, so I’ll check at home and post it later, if anyone is interested.)

All three of us had our cameras pointed at them for the entire show and they certainly hammed it up for us, especially Jeff and Brad. Brad finally got a chance to find out who my friend, Barb, was! She held up the Alligator CD with the picture she took of Brad at the Beckley, WV ‘Rock Never Stops’ show last year on the back, pointed at the picture and then to herself. Brad was shocked and mouthed, "That's you?!" He gave her a huge grin and nod. Later he came out to look for her and she finally got a chance to chat and get it signed. What a sweet guy! ;-)

Now, back to my major "Jeff attention"... Hey, did you think I was going to leave that part out? Shame on you! You should had known better than that! <BG>

This man absolutely *loves* the camera! Although I felt sorry for the right side of the stage, I was so happy he was hamming it up for me for most of the night. He kept smiling right into the camera for me and stayed in the poses long enough to make sure that I got the shot. (I sure hope that I got a lot of them.) I took about 5 rolls, so something is bound to come out. :-D

Every time I see them, I am constantly amazed at their energy, professionalism, musicianship, and friendliness toward the fans. Each time I see Jeff, he always makes me admire him even more. That man was on fire last night and was truly loving every second. He also understands the universal sign for "pick, please" extremely well. Our little group had 4 to prove it. ;-)

At the end of their last song, we were all standing up by the barricade applauding the band, then Jeff came to edge of the stage directly in front of me, leaned over and reached out to me (first, I must add) *to shake my hand* and said, "Thank you!" AHHHHHH! Usually, it's the other way around! Boy, I must have given him some serious ego boosting or something that night. ;-) Hey, no problem, Jeff. You can take me around to all of the gigs if I make you feel that good. <EG>

After the show, Jeff waved over to us from the side of the stage (he and Kelly were checking out Pat Benatar's show) while we were talking with Brad. Brad said that they were in a rush to get to Buffalo to then catch a plane to Montana for a show Sunday night. Montana??? Barb told him that a Montana date wasn't on his web site, to which he responded, "yeah, I know." Yikes! Those poor guys, but those lucky Montana-ians. We did manage to steal some of Kelly’s time long enough to get an autograph (which Brad later signed right over it) and mention how much I love his voice and that I am looking forward to his upcoming solo album. He simply replied with an unenthusiastic, “thanks.” Hmmm…. Hope everything is still going well on that front.

Now, I'm seriously jonesin' for another fix. These once-annual (piecemeal) shows just aren't cutting it for me. Guess we're gonna have to see if there is a road trip in our future...

"Hello, my name is Rocker Chic and I'm a Jeff-aholic..."

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Night Ranger: Big Flats, NY -- August 5th173 Rocker Chic 08/07/2000 11:34PM
RE: Night Ranger: Big Flats, NY -- August 5th 110 Eric 08/08/2000 03:52AM
Yeah! Set list please! 105Surfpunk08/08/2000 06:28AM
RE: Yeah! Set list please! 100 KAOS FAN 08/08/2000 12:45PM
Oh, Crap... 99 Rocker Chic 08/10/2000 12:01AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.