RE: MAKING ROCK BIG AGAIN!!
Posted by: Cédric ()
Date: July 29, 2000 12:07AM

Hi fellow melodic rock lovers !

I must say that I'm rather agree with "Kaos Fan". I think the only one solution to keep rock'n'roll alive is to believe in his survival. It's the most important thing, I think. Our success mostly depend on our optimism. If we start to think that we can't do anything to save it, we are died. There are a lot of "new" bands who play a great rock'n'roll, at this time, I think of Jaded Heart, Frontline, Ten, Fiore, Gotthard... The survival of rock go through the quality of the music. If the quality is present, the only one important thing is to let the young generation know and like good music ! We've the energy to do that, and internet is here to help us ! I know it can seems a bit utopian, but if nobody do anything, we'll never know if it is possible ! If each melodic rock lover could "convert" only one or two other peoples, it would be great, and may be the majors would think again that AOR is viable, and turn one's coat for an other time ! Personally, I always try to persuade peoples in recommending the best bands I know, and it works ! Be persuasive ! I think a lot of people in the young generation could love our music, but they need to have references, because nobody speaks of this music on the popular medias. Ok, these peoples don't represent the majority of them, but I think they are most numerous than we can think.

Like "Kaos", I don't think we could make a miracle with this, but we can keep rock'n'roll alive, and it's the most important thing... Moreover, if we could interest some young musicians, it will be great, because contemporary melodic rock musicians are at least 35-40 years old, and we don't see a lot of younger musicians. And I think it's worrying for the future....

Keep rockin' in these sad times...
Cédric

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
MAKING ROCK BIG AGAIN!! 135 KAOS FAN 07/27/2000 12:45PM
RE: MAKING ROCK BIG AGAIN!! 103John Q07/27/2000 03:21PM
RE: MAKING ROCK BIG AGAIN!! 112Surfpunk07/28/2000 05:03AM
Lost me here 132 Rather Large Canine 07/28/2000 08:26AM
RE: Lost me here 103Surfpunk07/28/2000 08:52AM
RE: MAKING ROCK BIG AGAIN!! 123 Snake65 07/29/2000 01:26AM
RE: My thoughts on the topic... 122 Don 07/29/2000 06:32AM
RE: My thoughts on the topic... 102Weird shit!!07/29/2000 12:15PM
RE: MAKING ROCK BIG AGAIN!!142 Cédric 07/29/2000 12:07AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.