RE: Angel - 'Live! Without an audience!!
Posted by: Dave ()
Date: July 27, 2000 08:00AM

Chris,
It saddens me that I never saw Angel play live myself. I lived in Germany during that period and, of course, the only time the band bothered to leave the US was when they went to Japan in 1977.
However, I have met a number of people over the years (including many musicians) who actually did see Angel live and they confirm that the stageshow was amazing. The band members DID appear from plexiglass boxes that had been 'built' by crew members beforehand and also disappeared into a rising backdrop at the end of the show. I read an interview with Felix somewhere on how it was all done fairly recently.
Oh, and 'George' DID speak to the audience mid set. (stuff about the 'aroma of the gods - i.e. pot - and 'Can you feel the music?', the cue for Dimino to start shouting at the crowd again! I'm sure you've heard the bootlegs). I'd long been led to believe that he introduced the band on stage. Not so.
Interestingly, the music used as Angel's intro was also used by Giuffria to introduce both Giuffria and House Of Lords on stage in later years.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Angel - 'Live! Without an audience!! 119Chris07/27/2000 06:50AM
RE: Angel - 'Live! Without an audience!!95Dave07/27/2000 08:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.