RE: Babylon A.D.--WARNING
Posted by: Marc ()
Date: July 26, 2000 05:55AM

are you on crack???
ultraphobic is one of the best records of the 90s...if for no other reason than the fact the warrant were willing to take another chance...especially considering that they only went gold with dog eat dog...that record has 12 greats songs on it and saw the band tighter than they ever were...

what pisses me off is when people claim to be a "fan" of a band and when they bitch just because the band tries something different...you wanna bitch about something...bitch about the fact that when you go and see warrant now it costs $15 bucks in some cheap as shit club and the whole show people scream for Cherry Pie...which everyone knows is the damn finale...you wanna bitch about something...bitch about the fact that Warrant doesn't have a real record deal...but Samantha 7 signed a deal for 3 records...and has sold about that many...bitch about the fact that there are only 2 real national shows that support this kind of music...bitch about the fact that mtv doesn't play the videos anymore...bitch about the fact that t-shirts at the Poison/Cinderella/Dokken/Slaughter show were $32 bucks...bitch about the fact that even though "fans" bitch and cry because their favorite bands don't have a record deal they don't support them anyway...bitch about the fact that bands only release their cds overseas because in japan the fans still give a shit...unlike here in the states where if you don't buy the import you have to wait at least 6 months for it to come out domestic...if it comes out at all...you wanna support a band that's cool...if you don't like their new cd...that's cool...but don't stand on a soap box and claim to be a fan...and then cry when they don't write 12 songs just for you...in the immortal words of jani lane...

i'm alive and you're alive
so don't we both deserve to be happy

Robert wrote:
-------------------------------
Ok, I just got the brand new Babylon A.D. disc yesterday, American Blitzkrieg. I just wanted to warn all my fellow rockers out there. If you are a fan of the first two BAD CDs and if you are a fan of straight forward R-N-R and if you love melody and soaring guitars--well, DON'T BUY THIS ALBUM!! Somebody needs to tell these guys that if they wanted to jump on the "grunge" bandwagon, they are at least 4 years too late. I hate when bands do this. You wait and wait and then one day you hear that one of your favorite bands has decided to re-group and release something new. You just can't wait. Only to find that the look has changed and the sound has changed, and it's not for the better.

What were these guys thinking? This is very reminiscent of Dokken's Shadowlife or Warrant's Ultraphobic (you know: another melodic rock act thinking that they are Nirvana or The Red Hot Chili Peppers). Dark, heavy, modern, mediocre production---all the things that a Babylon A.D. album shouldn't be. If y....

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Babylon A.D.--WARNING 114Robert07/25/2000 11:19PM
RE: Babylon A.D.--WARNING112 Marc 07/26/2000 05:55AM
RE: Babylon A.D.--WARNING 87Robert07/26/2000 02:55PM
RE: Babylon A.D.--WARNING 87 zacman 07/26/2000 03:57PM
RE: Babylon A.D.--WARNING 93 Joe 07/26/2000 04:48PM
RE: Babylon A.D.--WARNING 91 Marc 07/26/2000 11:58PM
Got Cd today... 100 Andrew 07/26/2000 10:57AM
RE: Babylon A.D.--RECOMMENDATION 107 Stefan Ritter 07/26/2000 09:47PM
RE: Babylon A.D.--RECOMMENDATION 75 Martin 07/26/2000 11:43PM
RE: Babylon A.D.--RECOMMENDATION 97Rosco07/27/2000 12:13AM
RE: Babylon A.D.--WARNING 99 Nick Green 07/27/2000 04:23AM
Agree on Shadowlife, but Ultraphobic rocks 131 John 07/27/2000 07:03AM
RE: Babylon A.D.--WARNING 66 John 07/27/2000 07:12AM
RE: Babylon A.D.--WARNING 72Rosco07/28/2000 06:50AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.