Def Leppard Rocked the Tweeter Center
Posted by: ToneDeF ()
Date: July 21, 2000 04:08PM

Def Leppard put on a great show at the Tweeter Center to a jam-packed crowd (looked like a sellout to me). By 1/4 of the way through, they had the crowd quite pumped up and excited. Everyone seemed to be having a good time.

I've seen Def Leppard many times before, and I always thought that Joe Elliott's vocals sounded a tad hoarse. Tonight his voice sounded so much like on the records. This is also the first time I've ever seen Def Leppard at the BEGINNING of a tour. This may explain why Joe's voice sounded so crisp this time around. Singing your ass off every night will take its toll on any singer's voice.

The guys looked great and had a lot of energy. Joe looked just like he did in back on the Pyromania album (really!!!) Also the stage setup reminded of the stage setup from Pyromania, minus the big triangle that Joe would be shackeled to. 36 Marshall amps lined the back wall of the stage. Rick Allen and his drum kit were at the top of a set of steel girder-like stairs at the rear center of the stage.

Songs that I recall being played were the following:

Action (from Retroactive)
Make Love Like A Man (from Adrenalize)
Women (from Hysteria)
Paper Sun (from Euphoria)
Animal (from Hysteria)
Slang (from Slang)
Foolin' (from Pyromania)
Rock Of Ages (from Pyromania)
Pour Some Sugar On Me (from Hysteria)
Rocket (from Hysteria)
Two Steps Behind (from Retroactive)
Bringin' On The Heartbreak (from High 'n' Dry)
Gods Of War (from Hysteria)
Armageddon It (from Hysteria)
Promises (from Euphoria)
Excitable (from Hysteria)
Hysteria (from Hysteria)
Photograph (from Pyromania)
Love Bites (from Hysteria)
Let's Get Rocked (from Adrenalize)

Final comments: great show; the hall and lawn were filled with loud cheering fans; the band sounded great (harmony and vocals were excellent; guitars were loud and in your face; drums pounding; the overall bass did reverbate a little too much, though. Go and see them on tour if you can -- you'll surely have a good time!

BTW: The opening band, Crack (a New York-based three-piece from Boston), did nothing for me.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Def Leppard Rocked the Tweeter Center154 ToneDeF 07/21/2000 04:08PM
RE: Def Leppard Rocked the Tweeter Center 99Joe07/21/2000 04:25PM
RE: Def Leppard Rocked the Tweeter Center 97Robert07/21/2000 11:33PM
RE: Def Leppard Rocked the Tweeter Center 107 mike 07/22/2000 05:07AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.