RE: Andrew - Invertigo.
Posted by: KAOS FAN ()
Date: July 20, 2000 02:40PM

Chris I respect your opinions but I still feel your too easily satisfied by the local Australian scene. Having travelled overseas I can tell you our melodic rock scene is stagnant if not dormant. One week in the States or in Europe will yield far more riches than a year here. The AOR/MELODIC ROCK bands overseas are far more talented.
My mate saw Invertigo the other week as part of a fun run event concert and he thought they didn't cut it live. Much like Savage Garden who I saw on a free ticket recently - reasonable in the studio but inadequate live - no spontaneity or charisma; poor guitar player and very average vocalist.
None of these guys would touch RICK SPRINGFIELD who you mention. And you mention Screaming Jets being a PUB rock band. I'm not one of their biggest fans but live they are miles ahead of either Invertigo or Taxiride or for that matter Savage Garden and mark my words will still be around when they others die.
And as for your remark on variety don't take it for granted that we all have myopic vision. I for one love aor and most melodic hard rock; like singersongwriters like Springsteen and Costello and bluesy stuff of worth like Steve Earle. And I also like traditional and progressive metal of a melodic bent. CHEERS.KAOS FAN...

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Andrew - Invertigo. 158Chris07/19/2000 08:27AM
RE: Andrew - Invertigo. 132 KAOS FAN 07/19/2000 01:51PM
Aus AOR 123Chris07/20/2000 04:52AM
RE: Andrew - Invertigo.127 KAOS FAN 07/20/2000 02:40PM
Invertigo. 120 Geoff 07/20/2000 11:28PM
Will do! 106 Andrew 07/19/2000 06:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.