RE: Angel - Live videos
Posted by: Dave ()
Date: July 18, 2000 07:19AM

Chris,
There are "live" promo videos knocking around the tape trading circuit from the 70s, specifically one such selection made for Japan in 1977 featuring material from the first three albums. In comparison to what we expect today, they are pretty lame. Not from the band's point of view, but how they've been filmed. I can't remember what happened to the tapes I had.
A friend just told me that two or three Angel promo videos (including 'The Tower') appear on a US video 'The Casablanca Story' (or something similar) that came out in the early 90s also featuring Kiss, Parliament, Donna Summer etc. He bought it from someone selling it on eBay.
Most of the footage shot for 'Foxes' wound up on the cutting room floor. They also shot a movie, 'Angel Live At Midnight', in 1978 intended to be a cross between 'Kiss Meets The Phantom Of The Park' and 'The Song Remains The Same'. Lots of live stuff (from Cleveland) mixed with "fantasy" footage. Had Mickey Jones still been in the band at that point I'm told the latter might've shown him actually being able to play the bass......
Giuffria claimed he had been been searching for the movie's whereabouts for years with no luck.
Not sure how much 'Radio Broadcast' is worth. Really depends on how much an Angel fan is prepared to pay for it, being that the only exclusive track is that amazing live intro to an otherwise (bizarre) studio based selection.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Angel - Live videos 196Chris07/17/2000 07:33AM
RE: Angel - Live videos111Dave07/18/2000 07:19AM
Thanks. New Angel compilation due? 110Chris07/19/2000 08:17AM
RE: Thanks. New Angel compilation due? 87Dave07/20/2000 07:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.