No support for Crue in UK!
Posted by: Surfpunk ()
Date: July 16, 2000 06:56PM

Either the date for 'New Tattoo' in the UK has changed from the 17th (Monday) or there is a massive lack of interest in this release in the industry over here.

I mentioned this another thread but in case anyone missed it, according to our company computer NOT ONE copy of the Crue album has been ordered for the high street music outlet I work for! Now, wether I like them or not, this has to be disturbing news. It displays a major lack of interest in the artist, presumably because sales are expected to be so poor, on behalf of the retailer. It also raises the question of how much support the UK label responsible for the release is prepared to give it. Just how big a priority is the Motley Crue album for Virgin (in the UK)?

The point being here that if, what used to be a major band, on a major label can expect so little support then what chance anyone else?

I hope I'm wrong and the date's been changed. Otherwise it's another sad enditement of the state of rock music in the UK.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
No support for Crue in UK!171Surfpunk07/16/2000 06:56PM
RE: No support for Crue in UK! 93 Joe 07/16/2000 06:59PM
RE: No support for Crue in UK! 96Surfpunk07/17/2000 03:58AM
RE: No support for Crue in UK! 87 Andrew Paul 07/18/2000 12:15AM
RE: No support for Crue in UK! 101Surfpunk07/18/2000 03:40AM
RE: No support for Crue in UK! 88 Andrew Paul 07/18/2000 05:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.