RE: Yep, pretty much.....
Posted by: F.O.R.D. ()
Date: July 15, 2000 04:55AM

Mrpool wrote:
-------------------------------
I guess a few people liked the Gary Cherone era of Van Halen....but the majority of us were not impressed, and felt that he was not a fit into the band. I had an open mind when listening to VHIII, patiently listened to it over & over....it just never happened.

--------------------------------
You had more patience than I did, I guess. I knew it wasn't happening the first time I heard it. Even the worst moments of Van Hagar never brought that reaction from me.

Mrpool wrote:
-----------------------------

I am also a bit skeptical of the original lineup making a big comeback. I've seen group after group "re-form" with the original lineup, only to see 1 so-so cd released, maybe a tour, then see things fall apart. I just don't think Eddie has the fire or creativity that he once had, nor does the rest of the band. I am hopeful for a great cd......I guess we'll see soon enough.

None of these other bands (Poison, Motley Crue, etc.) ever had what Van Halen had to begin with, so I don't think it's fair to expect the same results. As for Eddie's fire being gone, you're right. But the reason for that is the fact that Dave wasn't there. Sammy and Ed wrote some good stuff (and some not so good) but Sammy was too easy going with Eddie, not pushing him enough. And needless to say, VDIII didn't push him at all. "Me Wise Magic" had the spirit of the old Van Halen, and I believe the new album will be a return to form.

Mrpool wrote:
And in the end, BIG EGOS will drive this band apart (see Dokken) & we'll see a new lead singer once again.
-------------------------------

It's always possible this may not last long, but there is no way in Hell they will ever attempt a 4th singer after the failure of the third.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Is it just me about Van Halen? 188 Matt 07/14/2000 03:31AM
RE: Is it just me about Van Halen? 139 F.O.R.D. 07/14/2000 04:10AM
Yep, pretty much..... 128 Mrpool 07/14/2000 07:43AM
RE: Yep, pretty much..... 125 essbee 07/15/2000 01:22AM
RE: Yep, pretty much..... 123Rosco07/15/2000 01:49AM
RE: Yep, pretty much..... 125 Matt 07/15/2000 03:07AM
RE: Yep, pretty much..... 141 Matt 07/15/2000 03:17AM
RE: Yep, pretty much.....122 F.O.R.D. 07/15/2000 04:55AM
RE: Yep, pretty much..... 124 essbee 07/19/2000 05:02AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.