RE: ROADHOUSE
Posted by: Jack ()
Date: July 11, 2000 02:52PM

Well, I've never had the album, so I wouldn't know.....but I vaguely remember hearing a song somewhere......something about joining hands together? Yeah, I think it was "All Join Hands" - sounds like a clichéd title, if you ask me, don't really remember the music though. And ol' Pete Willis certainly looked worse for wear when they interviewed him last year for Behind The Music on VH1.

So, since your question intrigued me, I decided to consult the all-seeing, all-knowing, omnipotent Encyclopedia of Heavy Metal, and this is what she had to say:

This melodic UK hard rock quintet was assembled in 1991 around former Def Leppard guitarist Pete Willis. Utilizing the talents of Wayne Grant (bass), Richard Day (guitar), Paul Jackson (vocals), and Trevor Brewis (drums), the band were signed by Phonogram largely on the strength of the guitarist's connections. Their self-titled debut was a major disappointment, however, featuring an average collection of commercial AOR-styled songs. The band lacked identity and have so far been unable to inject drive or spontaneity into their uptempo numbers, while the ballads lacked sincerity, emotion, or class.

Only album: Roadhouse (Phonogram, 1991).

Well, she was certainly harsh with ol' Pete......like he doesn't have enough trouble with his bad teeth.

That's all I can do for you today, mah fren, but do come back soon.....

Cheers,
Jack.

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
ROADHOUSE 121 Cédric 07/11/2000 05:20AM
RE: ROADHOUSE91 Jack 07/11/2000 02:52PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.