reunion tours/Van Halen/Black Sab.
Posted by: Rob ()
Date: July 06, 2000 04:52PM

The problem I have with all of these reunion tours is that I hate these older bands getting back together in praise of how great they once were. If Sabbath can't put out an album full of new material with Ozzy, then they need to keep their asses parked at home. Same with VH and everybody else.
If these guys want to really get fans into it, they have to come up with some new stuff that is as good as the old stuff. The two new tracks on Sabbath's Reunion album suggests that they can't do it. And, honestly, I don't think VH can either.
They are a much younger band, but Bon Jovi has a great new album out. They aren't going out and playing Slippery When Wet all over again. Why should they? Like the new album or not, they are still writing a ton of new material and quite a few of us think it is pretty damn good. Maybe not quite "Wanted Dead or Alive" good, but good nonetheless.
The worst part of the reunion tour is that these older bands are as bored with the old material as a lot of us are. I have heard "Paranoid", "War Pigs", or "Runnin' With The Devil" about a million times apiece. And no matter how great of songs they are, after that many listens they get pretty dull. You just get burnt out on it. And that's the way the bands are. Every time I see a live Sabbath performance, it looks like Tony Iommi and Geezer are about to fall asleep while they are playing. Can you imagine how many times they have played "N.I.B."?!?
I guess my point is that I think a reunion is great, but only if you can still write great music, and perform it live.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
reunion tours/Van Halen/Black Sab.190 Rob 07/06/2000 04:52PM
RE: reunion tours/Van Halen/Black Sab. 103 F.O.R.D. 07/07/2000 03:27PM
RE: reunion tours/Van Halen/Black Sab. 247 Frank 07/07/2000 09:46PM
Frank is on the PIPE! 94 WISEatDLRND.com 07/08/2000 02:22PM
WISE is a putz.... 101 Frank 07/10/2000 10:36PM
Go back to your Winger board Frankie 143 F.O.R.D. 07/11/2000 04:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.