I was thinking about this VH1 business and...
Posted by: Jack ()
Date: July 04, 2000 06:37AM

.....there really isn't any logic to any of it.

It's ironic that while VH1 is saying they'll leave rock twisting in the wind because it just isn't what's hot anymore, MTV is touting "The Return of Rock" with trumpets and fanfare (granted, it's a different kind of rock, but what the hell). So once again, MTV & it's sister VH1 are telling you what's cool.

The strange thing is, you can tout & celebrate "The Return of Rock" (ooooh) as much as you like, sounding like it's an old friend you missed....by why did it have to return in the first place? Meaning, who killed it to begin with? If MTV hadn't tried so very hard to extinguish it, we wouldn't have to hear about how it's "making a comeback".

It's like if I'm a psychologist....I seduce and screw your wife, and when this causes a rift in your marriage and messes your head up, I put on my happy face and tell you to come by my office for marriage counseling.

And oh yeah, you've got to love Kid Rock for saying in his lyrics that he loves "AC DC & ZZ Top...his silly pimp showmanship is highly amusing too. At least a welcome change from the shoe gazers who will play in front of a crowd like it's a soundcheck.

So long boys,
Jack.

Cheers,
Jack.

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
I was thinking about this VH1 business and...163 Jack 07/04/2000 06:37AM
RE: I was thinking about this VH1 business and... 125 John II 07/04/2000 09:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.