Re: Shooting Star
Posted by: Don Wishon ()
Date: August 21, 2001 11:40PM

Shooting Star update: Van McLain and Ron Verlin played a short set, opening for Zebra in San Juan, Puerto Rico at The Hard Rock Cafe on June 15, 2001. Due to a number of circumstances, the entire band did not make the trip, but Van and Ron did a wonderful performance of classic SS songs in addition to "Leap of Faith".

I recently spoke with Ron Verlin and he indicated that the band members have several 'regular job' commitments and would not be able to do a 'mini-tour' until late October/early November. John Schenk, President of The Rainbow Foundation in Chicago, and I have been working on putting together a double bill of Shooting Star and Zebra throughout the Midwest, but when Shooting Star could not commit to any particular dates, Zebra booked St. Louis (Pop's - Aug. 23) and Chicago (House of Blues - Aug. 24).

Right now, John's attention is completely focused on a major Rainbow Foundation event at Chicago's House of Blues on Saturday, December 1st (Andrew - he will provide you all of the details when everything/everyone is confirmed). I can let everyone know that the show is called "Breakfast With The Beatles" and will feature American English - The Complete Beatles Experience (the world's premier Beatle Tribute band). See http://www.americanenglishbeatles.com for more information on this band. There will be many other special guests who will also be performing on the same stage.

John will be speaking with Kevin Chalfant and there may be interest in a Shooting Star/Two Fires double bill, or better yet, add Zebra and have a killer triple bill. We will keep everyone informed of any news on this subject.

Thanks,
Don Wishon
Dallas, TX

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Shooting Star 65 bridgeofsighs 08/20/2001 07:39PM
Re: Shooting Star 53 previte's warble 08/20/2001 07:52PM
Re: Shooting Star53 Don Wishon 08/21/2001 11:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.