Re: Open Question to Ted Poley
Posted by: ted ()
Date: August 20, 2001 11:25PM

Hi!
Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry, I didnt mean to give you the impression that I was "idle" waiting for the hopefully upcoming Def Leppard dates.I would love to tour with Warrant(my first real tour with D2 was with them in 1988!)or Quiet Riot , or anyone else. The problem is that I have no tour support from any label,and touring is the most expensive and usually money losing venture that you can undertake,unless you are selling in the millions which i am not. Some expenses include paying my bandmates salaries(they have to get paid even if i dont) to go on the road,hotel rooms,transportation,equipment and a whole lot more.I tour in Europe ,where i am better promoted and I can attract enough fans to make it worth doing. I just returned from a great U.K tour which would have lost money except that we sold a ton of cd's which paid for the trip(thanks everyone who bought!!!).
Another SLIGHT problem would be that those bands dont know that i exist.(but Def does)
I will probably end up playing some warm up slots for bands of that caliber when they come to my area,so i can get exposure for Melodica,thats up to local promoters,but for now, I have a show on August 32st at FLAGSTAFF in Jim Thorpe Pa.
I will be doing some live shows throughout the year promoting my new cd LOVEMETAL which i hope you will buy,then maybe the situation will change for me here in the U.S..
thanks for the question.
ted
please buy my new cd LOVEMETAL.
www.tedpoley.com

np: KINGS X -EAR CANDY

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Open Question to Ted Poley 58lrc7231508/20/2001 02:05PM
Re: Open Question to Ted Poley43 ted 08/20/2001 11:25PM
ted, are you drunk? 43 Marc Vanway 08/20/2001 11:53PM
Re: ted, are you drunk? 46 ted 08/21/2001 12:30AM
Ted! - I am sooo Upset ! 54 Rammy 08/21/2001 09:40PM
Re: Ted! - I am sooo Upset ! 44 ted 08/21/2001 11:41PM
Re: Ted! - I am sooo Upset ! 44 Rammy 08/21/2001 11:46PM
Re: Ted! - I am sooo Upset ! 45 ted 08/22/2001 01:49AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.