RE: OK, about Sabbath...
Posted by: F.O.R.D. ()
Date: July 06, 2000 10:58AM

John Q wrote:
-------------------------------
F.O.R.D., I did not say I didn't like the original Sabbath, even though nothing will ever top H&H and 'Mob Rules' for me, but from reading Susumu's posts I don't think he'd dig the Ozzy era too much.

Btw, Halford only did 2 shows with Sab out in California at the end of Ozzy's 'No More Tours' tour.

----------------------------------
Not so. Halford's short term gig with the band began when Dio pulled out of the band's "homecoming shows" in Birmingham England. Dio was jealous of sharing the stage with Ozzy, and initially was going to skip just those shows, but couldn't work it out with the other band members, and so the once promising reunion of Sabbath II was cut short.

John Q wrote:
---------------------------------

Also, whether you think the non-Ozzy/Dio years are not Black Sabbath, fact is that Iommi still made some incredible music, most of which appeals a lot more to the people on this board than the early stuff.
----------------------------------
The Fake Sabbath stuff didn't do anything for me personally, but I don't have an argument with anybody who wants to listen to it. What I am saying is that is was NOT Black Sabbath. Tony Iommi is a hell of a guitarist, but he is not an entire band. Whether the idea to keep using the band name was his or Warner Bros. it was still wrong. Incidentally I would believe the decision was Tony's since he still hung on to the name even after defecting to IRS records.

John busted a gasket and wrote:
----------------------------------------------
Personally, I could do without all these reunion tours because the magic can never be re-created.. Sabbath are beating a dead horse at this point and I hope to God Van Halen with DLR never happens - that'd be the biggest joke of them all. Wigboy fronting a band whose members he absolutely cannot stand. Anyone paying big bucks for a fraud like that should be bitch slapped.
-----------------------------------------------

You must hate David Lee Roth even more than Eddie ever did! Dave doesn't hate Van Halen at all. Granted he's not their best friend, but he doesn't have to be. Some of Van Halen's best music (i.e. the "Fair Warning" album and the 2 tracks they recorded in 1996) were made BETTER by the tension within the band. The total absence of that tension produced total crap like the Van Danniels III album.
VD III was a fraud, as was (to a much lesser degree) Van Hagar. Or for that matter, Fake Sabbath. The Black Sabbath that toured the last 2 or 3 years is the REAL thing. The Van Halen that will tour later this year (or maybe next summer?) will be the REAL thing. The guys who made the music, the guys who made the legend!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Black Sabbath 216 Susumu 07/03/2000 08:24AM
R U SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! 138John Q07/03/2000 12:21PM
RE: R U SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! 141 Susumu 07/04/2000 08:09AM
OK, about Sabbath... 159John Q07/04/2000 10:52AM
RE: OK, about Sabbath... 152 F.O.R.D. 07/04/2000 05:57PM
RE: OK, about Sabbath... 150John Q07/05/2000 05:47AM
RE: OK, about Sabbath... 133 Rob 07/05/2000 11:07AM
RE: OK, about Sabbath... 150Steve, Denmark07/06/2000 05:04AM
RE: OK, about Sabbath...141 F.O.R.D. 07/06/2000 10:58AM
Sabbath timeline & VH 140John Q07/06/2000 01:18PM
RE: Sabbath timeline & VH 139 Maciej 07/06/2000 08:15PM
My recommendation 147 Rob 07/05/2000 04:10AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.